Thursday, October 04, 2007

Looking back, what's left is a set of foot prints on the beach

What's going in life? Sometime we are so preoccupied by the things we see that we begin to lose the real meaning of it, things like wealth and fame and success seem to be blinding us from reaching and going further from what we always wanted to do.

I was reading some blogs and somehow certain words just make sense such that you involuntarily begin thinking and reflecting what you should be before everything is lost. I don't deny that I always wanted to the wealth and success, but at the back of my head there seems to be so much more than having these. I have thoughts about back-pack traveling and capturing the beautiful scenes, move to a sub urban area and settle down, and things like these. But the question, how much am I ready to give up to realise these thoughts? I can't bear to leave my friends, needless to say my family, and everything I own and have here. Sometimes you wish you could drop everything and leave and start afresh, it's easier said than done. If it's so easy, I would have done so. There's so many constraints, the most important, financial status, without any I doubt there's no way we can go anywhere.

Anyway, I met up with my Zhenhui, Effie and Shumei yesterday for a mini gathering since we've been postponing it for ages, I mean it, since like year 1. It's great, nothing seems to change except that we have grown up and mature little. We had the usual laughters and it's like those good o'days. We had talks, talked about the future and things that we nearing towards, career and stuffs like that and not forgetting girl talks.

Sometimes, in life, there's so much you wanna do but somehow or another, you not know how to go about doing and in the end you lose these things and begin to search for more practical ones that satisfied you faster. Then when you are ready to go back to those things, you realised you no longer have the strength to do so. So think about what you really want, is it all about wealth and success or owning this car model or house etc, or other intrinsic things that you are truly satisfy with when looking back.
Loved and take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home